Tuesday 6 September 2011

Horror title ideas

Here are some ideas that I have put forward for a title:
- See no evil (cannot use this as it is already a film! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437179/)
- Watch your back
- Who's behind you?
- Your time is up
- The trial
- Unseen
- The watching
- Perdition

I have also taken a look at this article from http://thewritingplace.wordpress.com/2009/05/12/how-to-choose-a-good-title-for-your-story/ on advice on how to choose a good title, as seen below:

By looking at this article, I am going to be conventional and choose a title containing 3 words. I have come up with... 'Son of Perdition'. Perdition means a state of eternal punishment and damnation into which a sinful and unpenitent person passes after death. 'Unpenitent' means having no remorse, so to relate to my trailer, when the boy looses his dog he's not all that bothered (which isn't really realistic?!). Son of perdition is a phrase that appears in the New Testament in the Gospel of John 17:12 and in the Second Epistle to the Thessalonians 2:3. In addition to the Christian faith, my main character has a tattoo of a cross on his arm.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the title personally. do think your target audience will know the word 'perdition' though, or will they be put off by it if they don't understand its meaning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they will be more intrigued than put off, but thanks for your view and I will ask around what everyone else thinks.

    ReplyDelete