Thursday 23 February 2012

Effects of audience feedback; the changes

I was told the contact form didn't fit in with the theme - so I have altered the style and colours to fit in with my black and red colour scheme. Thank you audience feedback!

I was also told that if I uploaded my trailer onto vimeo first, instead of uploading straight from premiere pro to my blog, the quality would be better, and accessibility would improve.

I have changed 'local, spooky woods' to 'forbidden forest' in the text. This is because I think that 'forbidden forest' has a better effect - like an alliteration. I thought 'local, spooky woods' seemed a bit childish, comical and too simple, so to target my target audience I changed this, also because I added a similar effect to the added rhetorical question 'With the help of an old, creepy medium, will his life ever be the same?' This is to make the viewer think more, and eager to answer the questions be watching the trailer and film. 
Also due to audience feedback, I have added the tagline 'Dream of Death' in a secretive place. Found it yet? Well, it is at the bottom right-hand of the screen, and is lit up by the red glow effect when it goes by. I think this was an extremely good idea because it is something for the audience to engage with and spot. It is also symbolic of my film - hidden meanings and mysterious cases. The glow effect is slow enough for the viewer to read the slogan, but fast enough to make the viewer look again.
At the bottom of the page, you can see that I have added an audio transition. I previously wanted the music from my trailer to play, but due to technical difficulties, I was unable to. To get passed this downfall, I inserted  audio music from what Wix had offered. 'Atmosphere', it seemed to me, was the best short-clip of music they had to fit in with my genre of film.

This shows that I have inserted a slide of pictures instead of the viewer clicking on a link. My target audience thought it was too much trouble, didn't fit in with the theme and wanted it just to be pictures that I have taken. So here we are! The whole reason I didn't do this in the first place was because it kept coming up with 'error' but because of my terrific technology skills I have altered this. The skin is 'black tape' which roughly borders the pictures, giving a great horror-theme effect. I also added the subtle mirror effect, like I have done to the contact page, to relate to the mirror scene in my trailer. The pictures I have inserted on this page are behind the scenes; location and characters. The two actor pictures you see here are unseen pictures that are not included in the trailer. The second B&W image is me, the director as I also play the spirit, in 'A Woman in Black' style. This is so the viewer can really recognise how influential horror films can be.


In a peer review discussion group, I was told "It would be professional and sensible if you were to put the age certification logo on your site, and perhaps even short reviews from newspapers so that your audience can see the quality of your storyline and persuades viewers to watch more".
Therefore, these are my changes. I decided to put a star rating on (3 star to make it realistic) AND a quote from a newspaper. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this, since it is not legit, but I have seen other media products do this. I will find out next lesson.

View the changes on my website here:

No comments:

Post a Comment