Wednesday 7 December 2011

Casting my actor

I have been organising which actors and actresses to use in my trailer. The main character role was the most important, so here's my procedure, expectations and who I have chosen, and why.
I began exploring profiles on Facebook, to see who looked the part. I narrowed it down to a few males and then contacted them in person and asked them if they would be available, and what acting experiences they had. Fortunately, I found Matthew Jones. He seemed intriqued into the film when I explained it to him, and he was available on the dates of the shooting. Although he hasn't had professional/paid acting experience, I can not afford to pay these type of actors anyway. Luckily, he had studied Drama at GCSE and gained a B grade.

Matthew is quite tall, with short brown hair and a medium build. This was perfect as I didn't want anyone who was too skinny because I wanted to challenge conventions; therefore wanted to cast a stereotypical male figure ('manly') so that I could turn conventions on the head and use him as a victim, rather than the villain. The last thing to do was getting him to sign a form, and begin filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment