Thursday 8 December 2011

Music rights

://www.bbc.co.uk/filmnetwork/filmmaking/guide/before-you-start/music-rights
This website outlines music rights in films, and this has helped me to understand incidental music, who owns the right to the music and legal guides.

diegetic and synchronous sound: speaking, car engine, footsteps, wind, leaves rustling, dog barking, screaming.
non-diegetic and asynchronous sound: voice-over, music, sudden jolts of sound.

I have considered using http://freeplaymusic.com/ to find and use music for my piece.
By searching in "horror" this is what I have found:


 

I have recently received an email from Vimeo, and it explains a new feature of theirs; a music store. I have looked on this website and I am considering using this to get my music for my media product.



Sound Effects
 
This is soundsnap.com, it is free to browse and preview all sounds. By looking on here, I have found some good sound effects and sounds I may use.


1 comment:

  1. Good research. Could you include some examples of the types of sounds/incidental music that you might be including?

    ReplyDelete