Thursday 8 December 2011

Health & Safety


I have visited http://www.bbc.co.uk/filmnetwork/filmmaking/guide/production/health-and-safety in order for health and safety advice during filming. I have outlined in red the most important advice I need to follow. Because it will be getting dark in the forest, I will be bringing extra lighting equipment such as a torch. It also says at least one member of the crew needs to have an awareness of health and safety issues- ironically, last year I took part health and safety programme/course lasting for about half a day. It poses that horror films and films involving animals are most risky. As I am taking on both these assets, I will discuss with the actors/actresses the dangerous possibilities to be avoided. For example, the dog I will be using needs to be supervised at all times.


Five steps to risk assessment aims to help assess health and safety risks:

  1. Identify the hazards
  2. Decide who might be harmed and how
  3. Evaluate the risks and decide on precaution
  4. Record your findings and implement them
  5. Review your assessment and update if necessary

1 comment:

  1. Could you write a short risk assessment? I can show you how.

    ReplyDelete