Sunday 15 January 2012

The making of the webpage


I have researched which website I will use to create my website.

I have visited http://www.webeden.co.uk/. In my opinion, looks more like a website you would use to create your own business site.

Piczo.com seems like a more social-networking webpage. You can tell this because of the young people in the pictures, and bright colours. It also says "your blog" so it is also more like a blog, which is used to share your thoughts.



I have printscreened the front webpage for http://www.wix.com/. I think this website is a step-up from the previous two. With this site, it clearly states that you can add flash, which is much more interactional.

This is an example of one of the templates wix.com has.

Fig1. I have settled for my orginal planned layout. As you can see, the colours red and black are used frequently, representing blood, danger, darkness and mystery. The title is at the bottom, drawing the attention to the whole page. It is in a mist of black, representing the horror genre and adding to the suspensive atmosphere. 'Perdition' is slightly bigger than 'son of' because it is the most important word in the title.


Fig2. Here, I am editing the links at the top. This is the contact page - mainly for audience feedback.



New and improved Fig1: As you can see, I have made the picture dominate the background. I have also applied effects, such as 'shadow' to the writing to relate to horror and spookyness. I have also chanegd the colour and font of the title so it links more with the ones in my trailer. I have deleted 'Promotions' because I had nothing to put in this category.



Here is the new and improved contact page. As you can see, the picture is now fully noticable than fig2.



On my 'Pictures' page on the main site, I was unable to upload more than one picture due to a template error. To overcome this problem, there is a link to another webpage I have created containing all pictures. This has worked out for the best because it's much more interactive. The first four pictures are my own, from behind the scenes etc shots. The others are from Wix. I have used these pictures from Wix because they fit in with the style and genre of my film trailer and connotations are easily matched. For example, the fog and trees represent an eery atmosphere, as it was when I filmed in the woods. The fog represents mystery; because trailers include a lot of mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment